LOVE and LUST:
Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. Love is also a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection —”the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another”. Love may also be described as actions towards others or oneself based on compassion, or as actions towards others based on affection.
Lust is an emotion or feeling of intense desire in the body. The lust can take any form such as the lust for knowledge, the lust for sex or the lust for power. It can take such mundane forms as the lust for food as distinct from the need for food. Lust is a powerful psychic force producing intense wanting for an object, or circumstance fulfilling the emotion.
SIGNS OF LOVE
- You want to spend quality time together other than sex.
• You get lost in conversations and forget about the hours passing.
• You want to honestly listen to each other’s feelings, make each other happy.
• He or she motivates you to be a better person.
• You want to get to meet his or her family and friends.
SIGNS OF LUST
- You’re totally focused on a person’s looks and body.
• You’re interested in having sex, but not in having conversations.
• You’d rather keep the relationship on a fantasy level, not discuss real feelings.
• You want to leave soon after sex rather than cuddling or breakfast the next morning.
• You are lovers, but not friends.
WHAT IS LOVE?
“To experience the pure essence of unconditional love is our basic purpose for coming to earth,” writes Marianne Williamson in A Return to Love. “We experience it as kindness, giving, compassion, peace, joy, acceptance, non-judgment, joining, and intimacy.” Love is not neediness. “I love you because I need you!” — WRONG! “I need you because I love you!” — RIGHT!
Why is love so hard to find? It’s simple:
1) we do not love ourselves; and
2) we have not healed the wounds of past love relationships.
Astrology can reveal the qualities each person has for loving himself or herself and for giving love to another. Further study, especially of Venus, Sun and Moon, in the charts of two people shows how easily they can love each other.
WHAT IS LUST?
Lust is chemistry. It is felt almost immediately when two people meet. It usually involves flirting, touching. Something inside you goes, “Boing!” Lust involves the body. A real deterrent to pure love is seeing ourselves only as bodies; when in reality, we are not our bodies…we are a spiritual soul inside a physical body. Good love will involve good sex. Good sex alone rarely involves real pure love. The danger with lust is that men and women react to it differently. Women “fall in love” with a good lustful encounter, men do not. Men “fall in love” by doing for their woman. In Astrology compatibility, studying the aspects involving Mars and Pluto indicates lust.
Read: Letter To My Ex.